During The Storm
- Do not panic!
- Close all windows and doors, and do not open until the storm has completely passed.
- Stay indoors in an interior room (one with no windows) if possible. Do not go outside, even during the relative calm while the eye of the storm is passing over.
- Keep children in your sight.
- Turn off main electric circuit breakers.
- If you are at the office when the storm hits, do not attempt to go home.
- Avoid opening refrigerator and freezer doors unnecessarily after the power goes off. These units will maintain cold temperature for several hours.
- When the winds reach high speeds turn the electricity main switch off in your house as a good safety measure.
What's new at CIBC FirstCaribbean