Open an Account with Us
When choosing a bank for your banking and investment needs you will expect many things.....professionalism, expertise, courtesy and understanding of your needs and then execution of what is promised and maybe that aspect of 'difference' that only the Caribbean can provide!
We've brought together the best minds within Wealth Management, the latest software and our comprehensive range of wealth management services to help you shape the life you want.
Start by establishing that relationship with us in your personal name. We can help guide you through the process of opening accounts and helping you in prioritising your financial needs.
To complete our application forms please click here.
To establish a relationship with us there are a number of forms to be completed and required information that you will need to provide.
Feel free to contact us at our Wealth Management Centres to guide you through the application process.
Forms to be completed:
Bankers Confirmation Request Form, completed for each party to the account
CIBC FirstCaribbean International Consent Form, completed for each signatory on the account. This form provides authorisation to the Bank to provide information to governments under certain circumstances, and must be completed
CIBC FirstCaribbean Credit Card Application Form, if you also want to apply for a credit card
Internet Banking Personal Wire Initiation Setup Form, if you intend to send Wire Transfers through our Internet Banking Service. We will send you a secure token as soon as your accounts have been opened
Other required information:
- A certified copy of each applicant's passport, European Union identity card, or USA or Canadian Driver's license clearly showing the photograph, signature, date of issue and expiry and with the following wording on it: "having seen the individual and the identification document at the same time, I certify, this is a true copy and the photograph is a reasonable likeness".
* The applicant's identification document must be certified by any of the following parties:
- A branch of CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank
- A branch of CIBC
- Another international bank
- A consular or embassy official from your consulate or embassy
- A national or local government official
- A qualified lawyer who is a member of a national legal association
- A Notary Public situated in Canada, the USA or in the same country as the branch of CIBC FirstCaribbean where you are applying to open your account.
- Either of the following original items should be sent:
- An original statement from a bank or building society, other than the one you have provided details on the Banker's Confirmation Request Form, showing your residential address; or
- An original VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Card statement showing your residential address. The statement should be no more than three months old.
** All original documents will be returned to you.
*** Please do not enclose cash or cheques for credit to your account with your application. We will let you know when to send funds to activate your account.
Or contact us in the Wealth Management Centre of your choice.