International Wire Transfers
CIBC FirstCaribbean makes International Wire Transfers easy with our CIBC FirstCaribbean Internet Banking International Wire Transfer service.
That's right! You can make same or cross-currency electronic wire transfers via the internet, directly from your registered CIBC FirstCaribbean personal or business account(s) to beneficiaries at virtually all international banks. Payments can be debited directly from the registered CIBC FirstCaribbean account(s) of your choice and made in a number of different currencies*.
- No need to send cash
- No time or money wasted in obtaining and mailing cheques, bank drafts or money orders.
- No worrying about whether your payments will be lost or stolen!
(CIBC FirstCaribbean Internet Banking International Wire Transfer service is a safe, secure way to transmit funds internationally and the quickest way to transfer funds to vendors, suppliers, business colleagues and associates, family and close friends, and even to your own accounts held at other banks abroad.)
- Transfer funds via the Internet from the comfort of your home, office or even while on the move.
* International Wire Transfers may also be subject to Foreign Exchange control restrictions, depending on the jurisdiction from which the transfer is being made. For International Wire Transfers, Daily and Transactional limits are established on the amount of money you can transfer. Your branch or Relationship Manager will work with you to ensure that the limits set for your International Wire Transfer transactions are appropriate for your specific requirements.
* It is very important that you enter the information on your Beneficiary and Receiving Bank correctly. If you enter incorrect information (account numbers, addresses, SWIFT Bank Codes), the payment may not be processed or may be processed to an unintended account. The Bank is not liable for incorrectly initiated transactions.
*It is also important that you remit all documentation required by Foreign Exchange Control regulations in your country. Documentation must be submitted to the Bank within one business day of initiating your online Wire Transfer. The Bank is also committed to hold International Wire Transfer transactions in queue for two (2) working days. Payments for which documentation is not received by this time will be cancelled.
* To utilize our International Wire Transfer Service and to apply for your RSA SecurID Tokens, you must contact our Customer Service Agents, your Relationship Manager or International Banking Centre and provide them with the accounts numbers you would like to use for making International Wire Transfers. Domestic and International Corporate Banking Customers should contact their Relationship Manager/International Banking Centre to provide account and user access information.