The Kind of Coverage you Receive:
- Covered Purchase(s) made entirely with your Mastercard Black card may be covered if the item is accidentally Damaged or Stolen within (90) days from the date of purchase (indicated on your store receipt).
- The maximum benefit amounts is up to USD† $4,000 per occurrence with a maximum aggregate of USD† $4,000 per twelve (12) month period.
- Covered Purchase(s) given as gifts are included.
- Covered Purchase(s) do not have to be registered.
- Online purchases are covered.
- Coverage for Non-delivery/and or incomplete delivery of Covered Purchase and shipping charges, that are purchased on the internet in the Issuance Territory:
- Covered Purchases are insured against non-delivery if the Covered Purchase(s) have not been delivered within 30 days from the date of purchase, unless so otherwise stated by seller, date and the Seller has failed to refund you on your Mastercard Black card, in excess of other applicable insurance.
- Coverage for improper functioning due to damage of delivered Covered Purchase(s):
- the delivered Covered Purchase(s) purchased on the internet in the Issuance Territory are insured against improper functioning, which are not functioning as designed and intended by the manufacturer as a result of physical damage during the delivery, if the Seller or Courier has failed to refund you on your Mastercard Black card, in excess of other applicable insurance.
- Covered Purchase(s) that are made up of a pair or set will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the specific item that is Stolen or accidentally Damaged.
- In the event of a claim, notice must be provided to the Insurance Company within thirty (30) days of the date that it was discovered. Failure to give notice within thirty (30) days from the date of the incident may result in a denial of the claim (please refer to the section, “How to File a Claim”.
- For Theft claims, the Cardholder must provide an official police report regarding the incident within the required timeframe.
- For Non-delivery/and or incomplete delivery:
- the delivery address for the Covered Purchase(s) must be to your postal address in the Issuing Territory as registered with the account Issuer.
- A shipment tracking number must be assigned and provided by the seller of the Covered Purchase(s) or a designated transportation company.
- You must take all necessary reasonable action in time against the seller to send replacement of the Covered Purchase(s) or refund the purchase amount to you.
- You must have informed the Seller in writing of the Non-delivery of the Covered Purchase(s) and demanded replacement of the Covered Purchase(s) or a full refund if the Covered Purchase(s) have not been delivered.
- In the event that a claim for non-delivery is paid to you, and the original Covered Purchase(s) eventually arrive, you should pay back any indemnity received to us.
- In the event that a claim is submitted for improper functioning due to damage of delivered Covered Purchase(s), you shall notify the seller of the Covered Purchase(s) and The Company within 48 hours of delivery.
- You will cooperate with The Company and help us to enforce any legal rights you or we may have in relation to your claim.
- It is the Insurance Company’s discretion to decide whether to have the item repaired or replaced, or to reimburse the original purchase price; less any rebates, discounts, rewards points or benefits received from other coverage provided.
- Benefits will not exceed the actual amount charged to your Mastercard Black card or the benefit maximum.
- The Cardholder must take all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover the property.
- No person or entity other than the Cardholder(s) shall have any legal or equitable right, remedy or claim of insurance proceeds and/or damages under or arising out of this coverage.
- Your Account must be in Good Standing at the time of purchase of the Covered Purchase(s). Coverage shall extend to Acts of Terrorism as defined in the key terms and definitions section.
What is NOT Covered by Purchase Protection with Delivery Coverage (Exclusions):
The following items are excluded from coverage under this plan of insurance:
- Any motor vehicle: including automobiles, boats and airplanes, and any equipment and/or parts necessary for their operation and/or maintenance;
- Permanent household and/or business fixtures, including but not limited to carpeting, flooring and/or tile, air conditioners, refrigerators, or heaters;
- Travelers check(s), cash, tickets of any kind, negotiable instruments, bullion, rare or precious coins or stamps, plants, animals, consumables, perishables and services;
- Art, antiques, and collectable items;
- Furs, jewelry, gems, precious stones and articles made of or containing gold (or other precious metals and/or precious stones);
- Items the Cardholder have rented or leased;
- Used, rebuilt, refurbished, or remanufactured items at the time of purchase;
- Installation, assembly related costs;
- Items purchase for resale, professional or commercial use;
- Losses that are caused by vermin, insects, termites, mold, wet or dry rot, bacteria or rust;
- Losses due to mechanical failure, electrical failure, software failure, or data failure including, but not limited to any electrical power interruption, surge, brownout or World Blackout, or telecommunications or satellite systems failure;
- Items damaged due to normal wear and tear, inherent product defect or normal course of play (such as, but not limited to sporting or recreational equipment);
- Items that the Cardholder damaged through alteration (including cutting, sawing, and shaping);
- Items left unattended in a place to which the general public has access;
- Loss due to or related to nuclear, biological or chemical event;
- Cards that are co-branded with traditional or online retailers, distributors, wholesalers, product
manufacturers, buying groups/clubs, or membership clubs.
How to File a Claim
In the event of a claim, the following procedures should be followed:
- You (Cardholder) or the beneficiary or someone legally acting on behalf of either, must notify us as required in the Claim Notification Period, or your claim may be denied - Upon receipt of a notice of claim, the Plan Administrator, Claims Administrator or Insurance Company, will furnish to a claimant the necessary Claim Form(s);
- Complete the Claim Form(s) in its entirety signed and dated;
- Submit all Required Information (proof of loss), as outlined in this section no later than the Submission Period.
Please note, there may be additional information requested at times in order to process your claim. It is your responsibility to provide this information in order to process the claim.
For assistance with filing a claim, please call the specific Mastercard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call direct, or collect, to the United States at:
Claim Notification Period: Within thirty (30) days from the date of theft or incident.
Submission Period: No later than thirty (30) days from the date of Claim Notification.
Required Information (proof of loss):
- An original purchase receipt showing payment of the item was made entirely with the eligible Mastercard Black card;
- For theft claims, Cardholder must provide official copies of the police report regarding the incident within the required timeframe;
- For damage claims, Cardholder must provide official copies of the repair estimates;
- For Non-delivery/and or incomplete delivery, and for improper functioning due to damage of delivered Covered Purchase(s), claims Cardholder will be required to provide information/documentation related to the delivery.;
- Cardholder may be required to send in the damaged item(s), at your expense, for further evaluation of the claim;
- Cardholder's statement of Account showing it is eligible at the time of Purchase of the Covered Purchase.
Please note there may be additional information requested at times in order to process your claim. It is your responsibility to provide this information in order to process the claim.
Submit all required information as outlined above by either:
- Upload: www.mycardbenefits.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-216-617-2910
- Mail: Mastercard Benefits Assistance Center
c/o Program Administrator at Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
PO Box 89405
Cleveland, OH, 44101-6405
For questions about your claim call our toll-free number 1-800-MCASSIST.