- Products and Services of CIBC FirstCaribbean: CIBC FirstCaribbean products (the Products) and/or services (the Services) are available only in certain Caribbean countries and only in certain other jurisdictions where the Products and/or Services may be legally offered by CIBC FirstCaribbean (collectively, the Territories; individually the Territory). This Site does not constitute an offer or a solicitation to: (i) any Person2 in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation by CIBC FirstCaribbean is not authorised; or (ii) any Person to whom it is unlawful for CIBC FirstCaribbean to make such offer or solicitation. All CIBC FirstCaribbean Products and Services are subject to the terms and conditions of the agreements governing such Products and/or Services.
- Information on Site is General Only: The information on the Site (Site Information) is general only. Site Information is not intended as specific investment, financial, accounting, legal or tax advice for any Person and you acknowledge and agree that you shall not rely on it as such advice. CIBC FirstCaribbean is not responsible in any way for any damages (direct, indirect, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential), whatsoever resulting from your use of or access to the Site and/or the Site Information.
- Local laws; export controls: It is important to note that not all of the Products, Services and Site Information made available or provided on the Site are available in every Territory. It is your responsibility to be aware of the laws of your country or that otherwise apply to you in relation to any of the matters described in the pages of the Site. If you choose to access the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you do so at your own risk and on your own initiative. You accept that you are solely responsible for your compliance with applicable local, national or international laws. You may not use, export or re-export the Site Information or any copy or adaptation thereof in violation of any applicable laws or regulations in force from time to time.
- Information provided As Is: CIBC FirstCaribbean makes every effort to ensure that the Site Information is accurate and that the materials contained in the Site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, links to web sites, other Internet resources or other items (collectively Site Materials) are accurate. The Site Information and the Site Materials are provided on an "as is" basis. CIBC FirstCaribbean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter and/or update the Site Information and/or the Site Materials, at any time.
- CIBC FirstCaribbean does not make any representation or warranty in regard to the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, or completeness of the Site Information and/or the Site Materials and expressly disclaims any and all liability for any errors in or omissions from the Site Information and the Site Materials. No warranty of any kind, implied, express, or statutory, is given in conjunction with the Site Information or the Site Materials. The Site Information and the Site Materials are provided as a service only, do not constitute the official version of any of CIBC FirstCaribbean's disclosure documents and may not always be the most current source for information about CIBC FirstCaribbean. Internet software or transmission problems may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of Site Information and/or Site Materials that may be downloaded and displayed on your computer.
- No Liability for Use of / Access to the Site: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CIBC FIRSTCARIBBEAN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE AND/OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITE, THE SITE INFORMATION AND/OR THE SITE MATERIALS, OR AN ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMPUTER VIRUS, SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CIBC FIRSTCARIBBEAN OR ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES.
- Hyperlinks & Non-CIBC FirstCaribbean Sites: CIBC FirstCaribbean makes no representations whatsoever about any web site which you may access through the Site. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) when you access any other web site it is independent from CIBC FirstCaribbean and that CIBC FirstCaribbean has no control over the access to, content of and/or use of that web site; (ii) a link from the Site to any other web site does not mean that CIBC FirstCaribbean endorses or accepts any responsibility for the access to, content of and/or use of that web site; (iii) you need to take precautions to ensure that your access from the Site, and access of and/or use of the content of any other web site is free of items including, without limitation, viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
- Forward-Looking Statements: This Site may contain forward-looking statements about the operations, objectives and strategies of CIBC FirstCaribbean. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by the words "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "intend", "estimate", and other similar expressions. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results of the operations, objectives and strategies may differ due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation, legislative or regulatory development, competition, technological change, global capital market activity, interest rates and general economic conditions internationally. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect any of CIBC FirstCaribbean's forward-looking statements. These and other factors should be considered carefully and you acknowledge and agree that you shall not rely on CIBC FirstCaribbean's forward-looking statements.
- Authorized Use; Copyrights and Trademarks: This Site, the Products and the Services may contain copyrighted works and trademarks and other proprietary material owned by CIBC FirstCaribbean or our content providers. You may use the information available from this Site for not-for-profit informational purposes only. You may print copies of pages from this Site strictly for your personal use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear, on the pages copied. The availability of third party data from or through this Site is not to be used as a substitute for a license or services agreement directly with the relevant content provider. Except as stated above, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, display, store, sublicense, transfer or distribute material or images from this Site without our express written permission or that of our content providers, as applicable ("Permission"). You may not modify, alter, revise, paraphrase, omit, or change any material or images on or from this Site without Permission. You may not create derivative works, whether based in whole or in part upon the information on this Site or any portion thereof without Permission. You may not modify, amend, reduce the size of or in any way obscure any warning, notice, liability limitation or other license provision in material or images on or from this Site. You acknowledge and agree that nothing contained on this Site and/or the Products and/or the Services shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to our intellectual property (including without limitation, trademarks or copyrighted material). The Site is administered by FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited from its offices in Barbados. The information contained in this Site is subject to change without notice.
- LEGAL INFORMATION: FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited or one of its Caribbean Affiliates3 is currently only licensed to conduct business in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Turks & Caicos Islands and Trinidad & Tobago. There may not be compensation schemes, such as deposit insurance, in some countries covering deposits.
- Neither FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited nor any one of its Caribbean Affiliates is: (i) authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act, 2000 to carry on investment business in the United Kingdom; or (ii) regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Deposits made with FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited or any one of its Caribbean Affiliates do not fall under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme established pursuant to the UK Financial Services and Markets Act, 2000 (as amended). Neither FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited nor any one of its Caribbean Affiliates is licensed to conduct business in the United States or Canada. Neither FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited nor any one of its Caribbean Affiliates is offering securities or investment advisory or brokerage services in the United States or to any U.S. person and as such has not registered any securities and is not registered or licensed as an investment advisor or broker under United States securities laws. No access to information herein should be construed as an offer of securities, products, services or investment vehicles, directly or indirectly, in the United States or to any U.S. person. "United States" is defined as the United States of America (including the states and the District of Columbia), its territories, its possessions and other areas subject to its jurisdiction including the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and "U.S. person" has the meaning set forth in Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and includes, among other things, any natural person resident in the United States, any corporation, partnership or other entity formed under United States laws, and certain estates and trusts for which a U.S. person acts as an executor, administrator or trustee.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Site is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, all disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with the Site shall be submitted to and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada. By accessing the Site you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada to finally adjudicate or determine any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with the Site.
- CIBC FirstCaribbean means FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited, its parents, including, (but not limited to), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, and its Affiliates, including, (but not limited to), FirstCaribbean International Bank (Bahamas) Limited, Sentry Insurance Brokers Ltd., FirstCaribbean International Bank (Barbados) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Trust and Merchant Bank (Barbados) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Bank (Curaçao) N.V., FirstCaribbean International Bank (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Bank (Cayman) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Bank (Jamaica) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Finance Corporation (Netherland Antilles) N.V., FirstCaribbean International Finance Corporation (Leeward and Windward) Limited, FirstCaribbean International Wealth Management Bank (Barbados) Limited, CIBC Bank and Trust Company (Cayman) Limited, CIBC Trust Company (Bahamas) Limited, and, including, (but not limited to), the Affiliates of any of the foregoing companies, such other Affiliates of FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited, as may, from time to time hereafter, come into existence and any successors or assignees of any one or more of the foregoing companies.
Affiliate means any present or future entity which, either directly or indirectly, or through one or more intermediaries, Controls, is Controlled by or is under common Control of FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited. Control means the possession, direct or indirect, of the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of such entity, whether through the ownership of securities, by contract or otherwise.
- Person means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, firm, entity, unincorporated association, unincorporated syndicate, unincorporated organization, trust, body corporate or governmental or regulatory Authority, and where the context requires, any of the foregoing when they are acting as trustee, executor, administrator or other legal representative.
- Caribbean Affiliates means any present or future entity which, either directly or indirectly, or through one or more intermediaries is Controlled by FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited.