To file a claim or for more information on any of these services, please call the specific Mastercard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call direct, or collect to the United States at: 1-636-722–8883 (English); 1-636-722-8882 (Español); 1-636-722-8881(Português).
“Card” refers to Mastercard® Black card
“Cardholder”, “you”, and “your” refer to a Mastercard® Black Cardholder, who has an eligible Mastercard® Black Account and whose name is embossed on the surface of the Mastercard® Black card.
Selection of benefits on your Mastercard card may vary by card issuer. Please refer to your issuing financial institution for more details.
When you rent a vehicle using your Mastercard® Black card, coverage will be provided for damages to the Rental Car caused by collision with another object, overturn, Theft, Vandalism, accidental fire, and physical damage as a result of hail, lightning, flood or other weather related causes. For claims instructions, please refer to the section “How to File a Claim”.
Who is Covered:
Mastercard® Black Cardholders and those designated as Authorized Drivers in the Rental Agreement.
To Get Coverage:
- Initiate the transaction under your name and pay for the entire Rental Company’s security deposit using your Mastercard® Black card and sign the Rental Agreement;
- Authorized Drivers whose name(s) appear as a driver on the Rental Agreement will also be covered;
- Pay for the entire rental transaction (tax, gasoline, and airport fees are not considered rental charges) with your Mastercard® Black card and/or points earned by a Rewards Program as defined herein associated with your eligible Mastercard® Black card prior to picking up or immediately upon the return of the Rental Car; and
- You must Decline any/all partial or full collision damage insurance or similar collision damage and loss damage waiver (CDW/LDW) offered by the Rental Company.
Length and Scope of Coverage:
- Coverage begins when you pick up the car and ends when you turn it in, limited up to $75,000 (31) consecutive days, worldwide.
- Coverage is not provided where prohibited by law.
Cardholder may have difficulty utilizing the benefits of Master Rental in some countries or with some rental agencies. Cardholder should contact the Rental Company before making arrangements.
The Kind of Coverage you Receive:
- Master Rental provides a maximum benefit amount up to USD† 75,000 per incident.
- Master Rental provides “primary” insurance coverage for cardholders or Authorized Drivers that are legally liable and allowed by law for charges to a Rental Company per the Rental Agreement for damages caused by the Rental Car’s collision with another object; or Theft of the Rental Car; or overturn; accidental fire; or Vandalism; or physical damage as a result of hail, lightning, flood or other weather related causes.
- Back-to-back renewal Rental Periods are covered as long as the Insured Person returns to the Rental Agency from which the Rental Agreement was issued and applies for a new contract.
- Coverage is also provided for equipment or accessories installed in the van for the purpose of assisting a handicapped driver.
- Coverage shall also extend to a loss caused by or resulting from Acts of Terrorism.
- Benefits are provided for Reasonable and Customary towing charges, due to a covered loss, to the nearest qualified repair facility.
Coverage is provided for the “lesser” of:
- The contractual liability assumed by the Insured Person with the Rental Company up to the Actual Cash Value, subject up to the maximum benefit amount of USD 75,000†; or
- The Reasonable and Customary charges of repair or replacement, towing charges; and
- Loss of Use charges for a reasonable period while the Rental Car is being repaired as supported by a class and location specific fleet utilization log.
Which vehicles are covered (“Rental Car”):
- All land motor vehicles with four or more wheels, which the eligible Insured Person has rented during the Rental Period, as of time shown in the Rental Agreement.
- Coverage is provided for vans only if they are standard vans with standard equipment and are designed with a seating capacity of nine (9) passengers or less.
- Luxury and exotic cars that meet the definition of a Rental Car are covered up to the maximum benefit amount of USD 75,000†.
Which vehicles are not covered (Excluded Vehicles):
- All trucks (except Sport Utility Vehicles with Four Wheels unless specifically designed for and off-road use), pickups, full-size vans mounted on truck chassis, campers, off-road vehicles, trailers, motorbikes, motorcycles, and any other vehicle having fewer than four wheels; antique cars (cars that are over 20 years old or have not been manufactured for at least 10 years), limousines or any leased vehicles.
For any questions, to confirm coverage of a particular vehicle or to file a claim please call please call the specific Mastercard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call direct, or collect to the United States at:
What is NOT Covered (Exclusions):
The insurance coverage does not cover any loss or damages caused by or resulting from:
- Any obligation the Insured Person assumes under any agreement, other than the deductible obligation under the Insured Person's personal automobile insurance Policy;
- The rental of a vehicle which does not meet the definition of a "Rental Car", as defined herein;
- Any collision that occurs while the eligible Insured Person is in violation of the Rental Agreement;
- Any loss covered by any collision damage insurance (full or partial) or collision damage waiver (CDW) or loss damage waiver (LDW) purchased through the Rental Company;
- Rentals made on a monthly basis unless the eligible Insured Person returns to the place from which the Rental Car Agreement was issued and applies for a new contract;
- Wear and tear, freezing, mechanical breakdown unless caused by other loss covered by this program;
- Injury to anyone or damage to anything inside or outside the Rental Car;
- Loss or theft of personal belongings and/or any items lost or stolen: from, in, on, around or outside of the Rental Car, including parts of the Rental Car (i.e. including but not limited to GPS systems, radio/stereo, car seats);
- Personal liability damages;
- Intentional acts of the eligible Insured Person, or loss due to the Insured Person being under the influence of alcohol, intoxicants and/or drugs;
- The Insured Person’s involvement in any illegal activity;
- Loss caused by unauthorized drivers;
- The theft of the Rental Car when the Insured Person cannot produce the keys to the Rental Car as a result of negligence;
- Subsequent damages resulting from a failure to mitigate damages once a covered loss has occurred;
- Blowouts or tire/rim damage that occurs independently of vehicle damage/theft or vandalism to the Rental Car and /or tire, or that has been proven to be the proximate cause of further damage to the Rental Car;
- Depreciation, diminishment of value, administrative, or other fees charged by the Rental Company;
- War or hostilities of any kind (for example, invasion, rebellion, insurrection, riot or civil commotion), confiscation by any government, public authority or customs official;
- A Rental Car being used for hire or as a public or livery conveyance;
- Value-added tax (VAT) or similar tax, unless reimbursement of such tax is required by law;
- Interest or conversion fees assessed by your financial institution;
21.Loss or damage as a result of the Insured Person’s lack of reasonable care in protecting the Rental Car before and after damage occurs (for example, leaving the car running and unattended);
- Excluded rental vehicles: All trucks (except Sport Utility Vehicles with Four Wheels unless specifically designed for and off-road use), pickups, full-size vans mounted on truck chassis, campers, off-road vehicles, trailers, motorbikes, motorcycles, and any other vehicle having fewer than four wheels; antique cars (cars that are over 20 years old or have not been manufactured for at least 10 years), limousines or any leased vehicles.
- The Company and/or corresponding Reinsurer, if applicable, will not be liable to provide any coverage or make any payment hereunder if to do so would be in violation of any sanctions law or regulation which would expose The Company and/or corresponding Reinsurer, if applicable, its parent company or its ultimate controlling entity to any penalty under any sanctions law or regulation.
- Check the rental vehicle for prior damage before leaving the rental lot and alert the company of any damage.
- Review the car rental agreement carefully to make sure you are declining CDW/LDW.
- Familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the car Rental Agreement.
- Please remember, all Authorized Drivers must be in the Rental Agreement.
- In the event of a claim, notice must be provided to the Master Rental Claims Center within 30 days of the date of occurrence. Failure to give notice within 30 days from the date of the incident may result in a denial of the claim (please refer to the section, “How to File a Claim”).
- At the time of the accident or when you return the Rental Vehicle, be sure to immediately request the Rental Company to provide you with:
- Copies of the Accident Report Form and claim document, which should indicate the costs you are responsible for and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim;
- Copies of the initial and final car Rental Agreement(s);
- Copies of the repair estimate or itemized repair bill and two (2) photographs of the damaged vehicle (if available).